How to wax your own car
You know what everyone says, “clean car, clean mind.” Well, maybe not everyone, but we sure do! When you’re a daily commuter, you get just how easy it is for dust, dirt, and grime to build up on your car. This doesn’t just look bad, if your car is unprotected this can cause longer paint and body damage, and can end up costing you thousands. The exterior of your vehicle goes through a lot from the sun, adverse weather, extremes in temperature and dirt, so it makes sense to take the time to protect and ensure dirt does not equal damage. One of the best and easiest ways to protect the body of your car is with a regular wash and wax, which you can easily do yourself. Check out this post on how to wax your own car, and we’ll give you the rundown!
Wax by hand with these steps
Waxing your vehicle by hand is a lot easier than you may have thought. Firstly, make sure that you thoroughly wash your car. It’s best to park your vehicle in the shade while you wax, as you want the most uniform coating possible. Direct sunlight can cause certain sections to dry too quickly before others, making it harder to buff the wax off later. Wax by hand with these steps we’ve provided below.
- Lightly apply car wax to the pad provided in the package. Its best to lightly place the pad on the surface of the wax, and twist it back and forth using light pressure.
- Begin by applying a thin layer of wax to the surface of your vehicle. Spread the wax over the surface in long straight lines. The lines should go in the direction the wind will hit your car in.
- Make sure not to do this in circular patterns, as small particles still on the vehicle may become lodged into the paint of your vehicle.
- Once an even, thin layer is applied to the car, it’s time to buff. Using a soft chamois-like or microfiber cloth, buff the wax on your vehicle in the same manner you applied the wax.
- If you want to create a shiny coloring with more depth, add another thin layer of wax and repeat steps 1-3.
For many people, their car is the second largest investment they make. It makes sense to protect this investment by waxing it, keeping the body shiny and protected as well as possible.
Visit us at Planet Honda and check out our inventory or schedule a test drive today!